How can I keep my bottle clean
Please perform routine inspections of the bottle and tube for any discolorations and cracks. If there are any visual signs of deterioration or permanent color changes, please clean thoroughly. If the discolorations remain after cleansing, discard the items and purchase new ones. Our recommendation is to replace the bottle every three months. We strongly suggest that you follow all these steps after each use of the product.
- Rinse the cap, tube and bottle using running water. Fill the bottle with previously boiled, distilled or drinkable water.
- Add a few drops of dishwashing liquid or baby shampoo.
- Attach the cap and tube to the bottle. Hold your finger over the opening in the cap and hake the bottle vigorously.
- Then squeeze the bottle hard to allow the soapy solution to clean the interior of the tube and the cap and empty out the bottle completely.
- Using a bottle and nipple brush, scrub the bottle, cap and tube thoroughly. (Available at general merchandise or baby supply stores)
- Rinse the soap from the bottle, cap and tube thoroughly, and place the items on a clean paper towel.
Other methods for keeping your rinse bottle clean
Important Note about the use of dishwasher:
Although the bottles are dishwasher safe, most dishwashers will not adequately clean the interior of the bottles or the caps,
Clean the device with soap and water as mentioned above and shake off the excess water. Now place the bottle, cap and tube in the microwave for 1.5 to 2 minutes. This will disinfect the device.
Additional methods of cleaning the bottle include the use of concentrated white vinegar or isopropyl alcohol (99% concentration), followed by scrubbing and rinsing as described above.
Store in a cool and dry place with adequate ventilation. Do not store the bottle with cap on unless both are dry.
How often should I change my bottle
It is recommended that you change your rinse bottle every three months or sooner if there are signs of cracking or damage.